GENEROUS GARDENERS 2017 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
VISIT US AT THE BOSTON FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW March 22-26, 2017 – link to show website for tickets
2017 GLOUCESTER TULIP FESTIVAL April 29, 2017 through May 7, 2017
- April 29th – Kick-off event is the pre-screening of “Tulip Fever” staring Judy Dench and Alicia Vikander. Love and Intrigue during the 1630’s tulip mania at the Cape Ann Cinema 7:00 PM. Tickets $20. Movie will be playing at various time during the week as well. Proceed for the preview only to benefit Generous Gardeners.
- April 29th through May 7th – Tulip docents with tulip trivia will be giving tours on Stacy Boulevard from 9 AM-1 PM. FREE (weather permitting)
- May 6th (rain date May 7th) there will be a Promenade open to all, starting at 10:30 AM at Stage Fort Park Visitors Center. Free Parking. Prizes for floral inspired creative costume including best male, female, couple, hat, parasol and baby carriage. FREE
- Promenade followed by official ribbon cutting for the seawall improvements and Stacy Boulevard gardens by Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken. FREE
- May 6th Generous Gardeners Fundraising Party at the Mile Marker Restaurant at 6:00 PM
GLOUCESTER GARDEN TOUR IN MAGNOLIA VILLAGE July 8th 2017 (10-4) link to Garden Tour Website for tickets
The new Stacy Boulevard Gardens have been installed and extend from the Blynman Bridge to the bocce courts. Generous Gardener volunteers have planted 22,700 tulips and 6,000 daffodils. Next spring, over 13,000 flowering perennials and annuals will be planted to bloom from early spring to late autumn. The color scheme will complement the plantings at the Fishermen’s Wives Memorial in waves of color that will move from blues and purples, to yellow and orange, and finally bright red at either end.
This stunning addition to the City of Gloucester will provide three seasons of pleasure for residents and visitors alike. Generous Gardeners, a 501(c)(3), will plant and maintain the new gardens. Generous Gardeners, visible throughout the city wearing bright green aprons, have donated more than 500 hours of volunteer efforts toward the beautification of Gloucester.